Devine Direct Labour (DDL GROUP) is committed to maintaining the privacy of our candidates and other users of our site. We comply with data protection laws that are applicable in respect of data processing within the UK. Together with any recruitment companies that may have facilitated your job application with us, we determine the purposes and the manner in which personal data is processed.
This privacy notice sets out how we collect, use and protect your personal information and your rights in relation to your information.
What type of data do we collect?
As part of our recruitment process it is necessary for us to collect and process personal data about you. Categories of personal data that we collect includes:
- personal details (for example, your name, date of birth)
- your contact details (for example, your address, phone number and e-mail address)
- work and education history
- your salary details
- details of your eligibility to work
- Devine Direct Labour (DDL GROUP) is an equal opportunities employer and therefore may also collect data in line with our Equality and Diversity policy (for example, your gender or ethnicity).
In those cases where the information we hold about you was not provided directly by you, that information will usually come either from recruitment companies that assist us with our recruitment process or from publicly available sources.
How will we use your data?
Your personal data will be stored, processed, used and disclosed by us in the following ways:
- To facilitate the recruitment process
- To provide you with information about suitable jobs at Devine Direct Labour (DDL GROUP)
- To assess data about you against vacancies which we judge may be suitable for you
- To send your data to third parties where appropriate (see details below)
- To improve our recruitment process
- To answer your questions and enquiries
Do we pass data to third parties?
We (or an agent working on our behalf) may pass your personal data to third parties for the purpose of assisting with the recruitment process. These third parties may include, where applicable:
- Companies who we send information to for the purpose completing a driving assessment, such as the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA)
- Companies that perform background checks for us
- Health professionals
- Our joint venture partners or other companies where you may reasonably be required to work if your employment at Devine Direct Labour (DDL GROUP) is agreed
- We may pass your personal data to government bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so.
How is my data safeguarded?
The security of your data is important to us. Access to the data is only provided to our staff and other third parties who need access for the recruitment process and your employment with us.
We have in place security measures to protect the security of your personal information and keep it confidential. We review these measures regularly to make sure they remain appropriate. We cannot guarantee the security of any third-party application you may use to transmit your data (for example, internet browsers).
We will keep your personal information for at least as long as we have a relationship with you or anyone whose personal information you have provided. When deciding how long to keep your personal information after our relationship with you has ended (for example, if you tell us you no longer wish to be considered for roles at Devine Direct Labour (DDL GROUP)), we will keep your information for either 3 years or a period of time taking into account our legal, professional and regulatory obligations as well as any investigations that may arise (whichever is the longer).
On what grounds will we process your personal data?
We must have a legal reason to process your personal information. The information you provide will be processed:
- to meet our legitimate interests to enable our recruitment process to be carried out
- to enable us to review equal opportunities at Devine Direct Labour (DDL GROUP)
- In the event that your employment at Devine Direct Labour (DDL GROUP) is agreed, your data will be processed for purposes that are necessary to meet our contractual obligations with you, to meet our legal obligations (such as compliance with employment law), to meet our legitimate interests to effectively maintain your employment with us, to enable us to review equal opportunities at Devine Direct Labour (DDL GROUP) and to assess your working capacity.
Your information registered with us, including your CV, is available to view and amend. We encourage you to update any information about you if it is out of date or let us know of any changes.
Should you wish to access, restrict or object to our processing of your information or if you would like us to remove your details from our records, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not want us to process your data, then we may not be able to consider you for roles at Devine Direct Labour (DDL GROUP).
In the event that you have cause for complaint please contact us and we will follow up to resolve this. If you have a data privacy related complaint, you also have the option to direct your complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO).